Peyronie’s Disease In many cases, a curved erection is not a matter of concern but, in some men, it causes a significant bend or pain. You may have to suffer from erectile dysfunction and will have problems having sex. It will make you suffer from stress and anxiety. There are different causes of Peyronie’s disease and it has various symptoms.
In the opinion of sexologists in Kolkata, the signs and symptoms of Peyronie’s disease may appear suddenly or develop gradually. Some of these include:
- Scar tissue. The feeling of the scar tissue (plaques) associated with Peyronie’s disease is like flat lumps or a band of hard tissue under the skin of the penis.
- A significant bend to the penis. There may be a bend of your penis in upward, downward or any other direction. There may be a tight narrow band around the shaft in some cases and the erect penis might have narrowing, indentations or an hourglass appearance.
- Erection Problems. You can face erection problems like erectile dysfunction if you have Peyronie’s disease.
- Shortening of the penis. Peyronie’s disease may make your penis shorter.
- Whether there is an erection or not, you might have penile pain.
There may be a gradual worsening of the curvature associated with Peyronie’s disease. However, it may become stable at some point.
The scar tissue and curvature have a longer life in most cases whereas the pain during erections usually improves within one to two years.
According to the best sexologist doctor in Kolkata, a number of factors are there behind Peyronie’s disease. Sometimes, there is an injury to the penis due to damage during sex, athletic activity or an accident. When the penis starts healing, there is the formation of scar tissue in a disorganized manner and this might then lead to a nodule that you can feel or development of curvature. There is a gradual development of this disease in some men and there is no relation with an injury.
There are sponge tubes on both sides of the penis and they contain tiny blood vessels. There is an increase in the flow of blood in these vessels when there is sexual arousal. Then the penis expands and becomes stiff and erect. The region with the scar tissue doesn’t stretch when the penis becomes erect in a man having this disease. This causes the penis to bend or become disfigured and painful.
If you undergo proper treatment, Peyronie’s disease can be completely cured. Based on the severity of the symptoms, the sexologist doctor decides whether to choose medications or surgery as the treatment option.